Top Endometriosis Specialist in Mumbai
Endometriosis is a complex and often painful medical condition that affects millions of women around the world. In Mumbai, the battle against endometriosis is being led by Dr. Abhishek Mangeshikar, a renowned specialist who runs Asia’s largest Endometriosis centre. With his expertise and a multidisciplinary team, Dr. Mangeshikar provides comprehensive care and cutting-edge treatments for women suffering from this debilitating condition.
Endometriosis is a condition where tissue similar to the lining of the uterus (endometrium) grows outside the uterus. This tissue, called endometrial implants, can develop on the ovaries, fallopian tubes, the outer surface of the uterus, and other pelvic and extrapelvic organs. Endometriosis has been found on virtually every organ in the body.
Endometriosis presents a wide range of symptoms, which can vary in severity. Common signs of endometriosis include:
1. **Pelvic Pain:** The most prevalent symptom is often chronic pelvic pain that intensifies during menstruation.
2. **Painful Periods (Dysmenorrhea):** Women with endometriosis frequently experience severe menstrual cramps.
3. **Painful Intercourse (Dyspareunia):** Sexual intercourse can become painful due to endometrial implants pressing on or invading nearby structures.
4. **Painful Bowel Movements or Urination:** Endometrial tissue can grow on the bowel or bladder, leading to pain during bowel movements or urination, especially during menstruation.
5. **Infertility:** Some women with endometriosis may face difficulties in conceiving due to the impact of the condition on the reproductive organs.
Other symptoms may arise based on specific types of disease.
Types of Endometriosis
Endometriosis can be classified into different types based on its location and severity:
1. **Superficial Endometriosis:** The mildest form, where endometrial tissue grows on the surface of pelvic organs.
2. **Deep Infiltrating Endometriosis (DIE):** A more severe form where endometrial implants penetrate deeply into pelvic organs, such as the bladder or bowel, diaphragm, lungs or nerves.
3. **Ovarian Endometriomas:** These are cysts filled with endometriosis tissue that form on the ovaries commonly known as chocolate cysts.
Advanced Surgical Treatments
Dr. Abhishek Mangeshikar and his team employ advanced surgical techniques to diagnose and treat endometriosis. Two of the most notable methods are 3D laparoscopy and robotic surgery:
1. **3D Laparoscopy:** This minimally invasive procedure allows for precise visualization of the pelvic region. It enables surgeons to identify and remove endometrial implants with minimal scarring and a quicker recovery time compared to traditional open surgery.
2. **Robotic Surgery:** Robotic-assisted surgery provides even greater precision and dexterity. It allows for complex procedures, such as the removal of deep infiltrating endometriosis, with minimal trauma to surrounding tissues. This technology affords us the ability to be very precise and safe for specific types of endometriosis such as low rectal nodules, parametrial nodules near the sacral nerve roots and diaphragm endometriosis.
Dr. Mangeshikar’s clinic in Mumbai operates within the top hospitals in the city, ensuring that patients have access to a wide range of services. This multidisciplinary approach involves collaboration with experts in various fields, including gynecology, urology, and colorectal surgery, to provide holistic care for endometriosis patients.
Endometriosis is a challenging condition that can greatly impact a woman’s quality of life. In Mumbai, Dr. Abhishek Mangeshikar and his team at Asia’s largest Endometriosis clinic offer hope and relief to those suffering from this condition. Through cutting-edge surgical techniques, a multidisciplinary approach, and unwavering dedication, they are helping women regain control of their lives and find relief from the pain and challenges of endometriosis. If you or someone you know is struggling with endometriosis, Dr. Mangeshikar’s clinic in Mumbai is a beacon of hope and healing.